Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Here it is. I still wasn't sure about the color at this point and looking at this picture, I am sure that you can see why.
These were taken Saturday night, prior to touch up or painting the trim. Looking much better but really bringing out the blue counter tops and prehistoric fridge (which will be great once it resides in the garage.) Oh well, we hope to have those refinished before Christmas (realistically, I would like them done this week. Not realistic.)
These shots are as we decided to go ahead and install plantation blinds in the kitchen. As long as we were at it we might as well go all the way. I can't wait to start looking for fabric for new window treatments!
Friday, October 23, 2009
I believe that we have even agreed on a color, La Fonda Red Tile. It is from the Historic Colors Collection by Valspar. I am definitely digging it! I can't wait to get it on the walls and start in on those horrible counter tops. Maybe we can post some before and after shots when the paints dried!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Last Tuesday I was on the phone with my momma discussing when to take my wedding portrait and she suggested next week. I thought that she had lost her mind, really gone bat shit crazy. She was serious. "Tuesday would be great for me. You don't want to miss the flowers do you?"
She had a strong argument. My photographer, the lovely Megan Kime, does gorgeus, natural light photography, which is one of the main reasons I chose her. But these outdoor shoots require a bit more planning and obviously a plan b. I am getting married in May and really wanted for the portrait to at least look like it was shot in the spring, with you know, flowers...greenery...sunshine.
There I was on the phone with my slightly insistant mother (who, for the record, is always right) agreeing that we could try for next Tuesday. Sure. Why not. We definitely don't want it to frost. That would put a huge dent in our last minute plans. The whole weekend is supposed to be overcast and set record breaking lows. Tuesday, awesome idea.
I just need off of work, my photographers availability, a bouquet, all of my accessories (which I still don't have completely lined up), a hairdresser, a makeup artist and a mani-pedi. The mani due mainly to the fact that my nails immeadiately made their way to my mouth.
I told my momma that I would have to call her back and began the week long coordination that that culminated in a fabulous shoot at Duke Gardens and Duke Chapel yesterday. Ofcourse, Megan and my momma were available. And they were about it.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Saturday, October 10, 2009
- My mom is my hero!
- I am marrying my best friend (sounds cliche, I know.) in May!
- David and I have a furbaby, Baylor. He may be the most spoiled dog of all time.
- I have a degree in English, yet rarely use it. One of the main reasons for the blog.
- I am not a fan of authority or being bossed around.
- I live in Greenville, NC. I love it here. I know some people think that I am crazy for liking it here so much.
- I shorten words when speaking. a lot.
- I also make up my own words. a lot.
- I enjoy vino. a lot.
- I don't understand why people text when they can just pick up the phone and call you.
- I am mildly addicted to facebook and diet coke. That can't end well.
- I am really into wedding planning. Always have been. Remember making my momma buy me wedding magazines in elementary school. It is a bit out of control.
Now that that is out of the way, we can get to the important stuff. I’ll try to post daily about my life, things that inspire me, and for the next couple of months or so, about weddings. Oh, and there will be lots of pictures. Please share your thoughts with me!